Spouse / Common-law Partner


A foreign national seeking spousal sponsorship to Canada faces a highly complex legal process, regardless of whether the application is submitted domestically or at a Canadian embassy or consulate abroad. The spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner seeking to immigrate to Canada must be sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, who must also submit a sponsorship application in support of the foreign spouse. 


Spousal Sponsorship Requirements:

  • The sponsor must be able to prove Canadian citizenship or legal permanent residence
  • The sponsor must be willing to file a sponsorship application on behalf of the partner
  • Both the sponsor and the partner must be at least 18 years old at the time of application (but not necessarily at the time of the marriage, if local law permits minors to marry)
  • The partner must fall within the appropriate family category: spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
  • The sponsor must prove his or her ability to support both parties financially and must sign a sponsorship agreement guaranteeing financial support to the partner for three years after permanent residence is approved.

contact us for more info

Parents and Grandparents


In the category, potential sponsors must first complete and submit the 'Interest to Sponsor' web form during the specified intake period. 

 Potential sponsors who receive an invitation to submit an application have 60 days (from the date of the invitation) to submit a complete application, including supporting documents and fees.  


There is a major financial requirement of those who are to sponsor a person to come into Canada. The income of the sponsor for the 12 months prior to the time of application must meet the low income cut off amount (LICO) used by Canada Immigration. These numbers are used to determine whether someone is eligible to sponsor a person and take care of them financially. The LICO amount is revised annually.


  • You and the sponsored relative need to sign a sponsorship agreement that requires you to provide any financial support for your relative if necessary, and
  • You must provide financial support for the relatives for a period of 3-10 years, depending on their age and relationship to you.

contact us for more info

Super Visa


 The super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to two years at a time. If you want to stay for six months or less, apply for a visitor visa.

To be eligible for the super visa, you must:

  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
  • have a signed letter from the child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
    • a promise of financial support for the duration of your visit
    • the list and number of people in the household of this person
    • a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
  • have medical insurance from a CANADIAN insurance company that is:
    • valid for at least one year from the date of entry
    • at least $100,000 for minimum coverage
  • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)

 The application should be processed at the Canadian visa office responsible for the applicant’s place of residence outside of Canada. Depending on the visa office, additional documentation may be needed. Also,  All Super Visa applicants will be required to undergo a medical examination. 

contact us for more info

Contact Us

Drop us a line!

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

We love our customers, so feel free to contact us during normal business hours.

Tizasp Professional Services Inc.

1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 Toronto, Ontario, M5E 1W7 CANADA

info@tizasp.com (416) 500-0751



9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.


9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.


9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.


9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.


9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.